Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hey guys!! I bet you all thought you'd never see me up-date this thing again!! Well, don't worry, Nikki (along with many others) reminded me that I'm way past due on up-dating it!! These past couple of weeks have been crazy with Welcome Back Week and SUU Idol, which has pretty much consumed my entire being!! But, the good news is, it's finally over!!! Yay!!! I gotta say though, it was a lot of fun and well worth the hard work! We started off the week with giving away free stuff, hosting the Dash 4 Cash at the Women's Basketball Half-time, held auditions for SUU Idol on Tues. Night (We had 20 people compete and lot's of people just there to watch) a dance afterward, Wednesday we had the first official round of SUU Idol at noon then brought a Comedian in for the evening activity and passed out free subs, Thurs. we had the second round of SUU Idol at noon, and then set up for a drive-in movie with hot chocolate and cider later that night. Yesterday was the last day of Welcome Back Week where we had the final round for SUU Idol!! It was great! After that we served free pizza before opening up the 'Mentalist' show. We had a mentalist come and perform last night, and he read minds and moved tables and spoons with his 'mind's energy'..... Kind of like Matilda...... Anyway, I don't really believe any of that crap, but it was still fun to watch :) And it was a big success!! The Ballroom was nearly full! So I'm feeling pretty good about the outcome of the Welcome Back Week! Unfortunately I never took any pictures :( But I am going to post some pictures I have from Christmas and Thanksgiving Break, so I hope you enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for finally updating...Del is excited to come down to SUU this Tuesday for Jill's sendoff party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you finally posted! And you changed your layout too! You better not go that long with out posting again. I miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the pics are cute. It sounds like you've been VERY busy. Thanks for posting it was fun to hear what you've been up to. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, whatever Shawnee. I'll bet you put up a tree and some stockings and faked like it was Christmas. And the Thanksgiving pics..What the??? I don't see any food! Those gowns and crowns look like they were bought at D.I. for a 2 dollar bill.

    ReplyDelete