Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pets

Grant's and Micah's Cow





Well, it's been four days now, and Bandit is still missing :( I can't image that she would just abandon her kittens or not show up for some food at least - so I am presuming her dead...... These little kittens are so adorable though! They are so playful!!! They are starting to take to the cat food and store-bought milk now, so I think that they will be ok without their mom! If you know any one who might want a kitten, let me know - but I am keeping the calico :) Mom really wants me to keep the calico because she believes it will have cute kittens - she said if it has calico kittens that look like her (especially boys), then we could sell them on Ebay for a couple hundred!! Yes, she really said that hahaha!!!!
Shivers has been quite the little stink with these kittens. I don't know if he feels threatened or is just a flat out pansy and scared of them, but he isn't taking to them so well. He's batted at two of them (knocking one off the tree stump), and all they were trying to do was play with him! Hopefully he will get used to them. We still love Shivers though - I will usually find him running sideways around the yard, climbing up trees spaztically and jumping off of them. He always runs to me all crazy like when I'm walking and I either end up tripping over him or kicking him hard (accidentally). Sometimes I think he has Mad Cat Disease.... I try to jog up and down the hill, but it's difficult because Shivers likes to hide behind one of the bushes or in the shadow's and come out at me right as I jog by then hurry and run back to the bush. Even though I know he's going to do it, it still scares me every time!!
And finally, Grant's cow. I don't know what his name is, or if he even has a name..... but nonetheless he's here at the house as part of the pet family. He had been hanging out in the upper half of the field, because the lower half was gated off..... Well, today Micah opened up the lower half (giving the cow the entire field to roam), and I don't know what happened, but the cow is going crazy!! I can't tell if he likes it or if he's mad at the situation. He keeps mooing and running around like he wants to charge at something.... He'll sniff a bunch of stuff in the lower half of the field then take off running again like he's going crazy!! He keeps doing it - sniffing vigorously then running out of control. Anyway, I thought it was hilarious, and I got a good laugh at it as I sat on the swing and watched him for awhile! I'm sure he'll get used to the changes. :)

We Miss Our Mommy!!!

7 comments:

  1. Mad Cat Disease! That's a good one! Who is Shivers? Is that Ally's cat or some pet I don't know that you have? The kittens are way cute, especially the calico! I wish Jared would let us have one :( Grants cow sounds like a character, maybe he really does have Mad Cow disease :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calico one is a cutie, and I hope that Bandit shows up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kittens are so cute, and I don't even really like cats all that much (they make me sneeze and itch). That is pretty cool that you started a performing group. Let me know when they perform. I would love to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have your hands full. Do you want our new puppy? Carter would not be happy if he knew I was trying to give him away already so I guess I'm not serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawnee freakin' Gubler! How random that I found your blog! It's your best friend Amanda (Rich) Lemmon. . . I totally miss you. I'm glad I found your blog - you're so gorgeous. Call sometime and we'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap shawnee! its me Maila Palepoi how funny i just stumbled across your page. how have you been? well you totally better add me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez! I'm findin everyone on this thing! Congratulations on your engagement:)

    ReplyDelete