




Well, the past ten days have been a little crazy for me! Karmen Wilson (my pageant director) was one of the event coordinators for the 'Sand Hollow Resort Block Party' (which was kind of in conjunction with the St. George Parade of Homes), and she asked me to be a part of this event. So from Friday the 15th up until Sunday the 24th I have been bouncing back and forth between spending the entire day out at Sand Hollow Resort (with my crown and banner on, which made me feel kind of silly), and over at a booth in the Red Cliffs Mall handing out brochures and spreading the word about the block party. The first two days out at the Resort (Fri. and Sat.), Karmen arranged for G.I. Jill (Miss UT, Jill Stevens) to come out and spend the day with me meeting and greeting people and passing out free FatBoy ice cream sandwiches. It was a lot of fun having her there - the only problem was I had lost my banner and had to re-order another one and it hadn't come yet - so of course EVERYONE knew who Jill was, and they all wanted to come talk to her..... so here I am hanging out with her, and all I have is a crown on. Nine times out of ten, after a person or group of people would finish their conversation with Jill, they would turn to me and say "Who are you?" After a while I finally just started to answer them by saying "Well, I'm Miss Fat Boy!!" There were actually quite a few people who believed me, and a couple of older women said "Oh how cute! They give you a Tiara for that?" Ha Ha Ha!! It was fun :)
So let me explain a little bit about the whole Block Party shin-dig. What happened was people were welcome to come out to the resort and tour the three model homes out there, and also tour the new golf course they have out there. There were free self-guided tours of the course, and free helicopter rides that flew over the entire resort (of which I had the opportunity to do, and it was AWESOME!!) Anyway, they had a number of events going on out there: Live entertainment, putting contests, temporary Steak and Seafood restaurant, different vendors, Harley giveaways.... it was pretty cool. The best part was this: During this time we (Karmen, myself and a few others) where selling Golf Balls with the Sand Hollow Resort Logo for two dollars a piece as a fund raiser for The Children's Miracle Network. They could take the golf ball out onto the green and putt it for a number of prizes (free lunch, discount at the pro-shop, fast pass to ride the helicopter etc.) We ended up raising a total of $7,000 for the Children's Miracle Network, and was able present a check to Renita Revill, who is a representative for the Children's Miracle Network, this past Saturday!!! So, even though these past ten days have been a little draining, it was all worth it in the end!
Gosh Miss Fat Boy, you sure are awfully cute! Where can I get a crown like that?
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you Shawnee. The Miss Fat Boy comment is my favorite. Kudos on raising $7000 for charity. See you in a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteIs that Mr. Rich Pants in the first pic with you? Thanks for coming over today.
ReplyDeleteYou look really pretty in all of your pictures! I think I like the Miss Fat Boy title better. That's hilarious that people believed you. Jaylee says, "I want to see Shawnee, she is nice."
ReplyDeleteMiss Fat Boy...I love it!! The picture of you and Jill making silly faces is my favorite :)
ReplyDelete